As the digital landscape evolves, so must the tools we use to securely and privately access it. Today’s mainstream browsers don’t adequately address both security AND privacy. Users are left on their own to find additional layers of protection via extensions and other software, and there is much misunderstanding amongst consumers regarding this topic.
In a poll of 10,000 people, 42% stated they use the Incognito or Private Browsing Modes offered by today’s browsers, and 65% mistakenly believe these modes anonymize their identity and obscure their browsing habits from spying eyes like governments, organizations, and advertisers. Additionally, 77% wrongly believe that their browser will alert them to potential web-based threats, including those from installed third-party extensions.
NORTON, a global leader in digital security products, is proud to announce its updated secure browser with one unwavering purpose: to deliver both a secure and private browsing experience with all the necessary features and controls to more easily manage online identities and personal information. This will come as good news to the 89% of consumers polled who consider their web-browsing privacy important, and the 93% that are concerned about being monitored by third parties.
Introducing NORTON Secure Browser
Cybersecurity and browser experts came together to develop this Chromium-based browser, designed to challenge other browsers in these three areas:
- Speed – Our tests show web pages load up to 4X faster than they do with other popular browsers.
- Security -NORTON Secure Browser defends against web-based attacks such as ransomware, phishing and other malware. Plus, there’s an additional layer of security with Bank Mode for online banking and buying and selling of cryptocurrencies.
- Privacy – New features protect users from mass surveillance, profile building, and other invasions of consumer privacy. NORTON Secure Browser ships with Adblock, Anti-Tracking, and Anti-Fingerprinting switched ON to keep your online life private.
“People take browser security and privacy for granted, but web-based attacks are a leading source of cyberthreats,” said Matt Adkisson, New Product Innovation and Strategy at NORTON. “With NORTONSecure Browser, people get an elevated level of protection that’s easy, fast, and comprehensive. It will not only protect users from online threats such as cryptojacking, phishing, and malicious ads, but also can prevent the privacy-intrusive tracking conducted by companies, governments and other groups that monitor and collect people’s activity as they bank, shop, communicate, and interact online.”
NORTON Secure Browser comes equipped with a Security and Privacy Center that makes it easier to control and layer in additional security and privacy features and settings.
Easy to turn on, off, or set a specific level of security or privacy, here are five key feature controls in the Security and Privacy Center:
- Anti-Tracking protects your privacy by preventing websites, advertising companies, and other web services from tracking your online activity. It also automatically prevents scripts from being run, the source of cryptojacking attacks.
- Anti-Fingerprinting modifies unique browser fingerprint (e.g., browser version, language, add-ons, etc.) to help prevent websites from identifying and tracking you without your consent.
- Bank Mode prevents cybercriminals from seeing what users type, protecting personal data such as passwords and credit card numbers. This also adds an extra layer of protection for managing your cryptocurrencies.
- Adblock protects against malicious ads and helps webpages load up to 4 times faster.
- Extension Guard blocks unwanted add-ons or plugins. Users install only those they
know and trust.
FOR MORE INFOR CLICK ON BELOW LINKS